[Movie Review] A Company Man

A Company Man (2012)

Company Man Poster

A very popular movie. Another recommendation I got from my friend, I watched this movie a few days ago, starring an amazing actor - So Ji Sub. He never ceases to amaze me. Down here we got the official trailer:


I rarely watch a trailer, almost never for anything, I always just immediately watch something and see what it can offer me and explain without me knowing anything beforehand (but of course I have to know who the actors are and a little bit about the plot).

Image result for a company man
A pretty famous part that is wellknown, intense fighting scene between these two.

What's the movie about: Literally, a company man xD So it's about a company, on the outside it looks like a normal metal company, but on the inside it's actually a company where professional hitmen assasinate specific people, and Jin Hyoeng Do (So Ji Sub) is one of the professional hitman with his outstanding fighting and killing skills. But eventually he starts to change his heart and does not want to hurt or see anyone else get hurt anymore. At the end he goes against his company.

Overall: I believe I rated this movie a 9 out 10 - great! So this is an action movie, it's a matter of course that it consists of violent and epic fighting scenes, guns and blood. I'm not a big fan of action movies because I feel like they're all the same, idk. But I really liked this one (probably because of SJS ;)

First impression: Okay at first it starts pretty drastically with an intense fighting scene, I was amazed immediately. I may not like the genre Action, but hey, I'm a sucker when it comes to fighting skills and martial arts. Then it slows down a little, we see that he gets to know a woman, becomes closer to her, eventually starts to like her. We get to know a bit about the company, how it looks like in a daily basis etc.

Image result for a company man

Ending: Now this is where the party begins. Everything turned upside down, Hyoeng Do that once was praised, is now everyone's against. One man against a whole company. It's a bloody war, wild, rage, guns and shit, you're really get tense together with it. But I think you can picture another feeling along with what I've written so far - sad. Living as a normal company man in South Korea is actually really tough. Wage is low, you get treated like shit, it's hard to quit and find another job because it was so hard to get hired in the first place. And then, how fun is it really to work with killing people? It's depressing. I think he started to feel guilty, and felt at least some hope when he met Yoo Mi Yeon (a past singer he always liked) no matter how dirty his job is. So yeah, imagine that.

Conclusion: Great movie, really touches your heart a bit. You should watch it first of all if you love action, then So Ji Sub is great as always also. Superb acting, nice story to reflect over.

Tell me yout thoughts / Yume

Comments